Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I played with fire, I enjoyed it, I got burned, I am blessed

To be honest, at some pints, I know that this thing is not going to work that easy, or maybe it’s not going to work at all. But hey, I do it anyway. Just like Kelly Clarkson’s song, “It’s a long shot, but I say, “Why not?”. If I said forget it, I know that I’ll regret it…”

Here I am, being fearless, being absolutely terrified but jump into it anyway. I realize what the consequences might be and all the bad and hurtful feelings that might come my way. Some of them are here already. I brace myself to face each of them with all my heart. This is my decision, I have to be ready for the risks, no matter what it is.

All the sweet things came first, all the sweet promises. And then, here I am at the next stage, where everything is not about those sweet things anymore. Negligence, insecurity and disappointment are also part of it. But, I’m hanging in there. You can say that I enjoy every step of the way that I’m taking right now.

Knowing that someone needs you is an amazing feeling. Knowing that they care for you without saying is heartwarming. Able to be there for them although they are miles away is irreplaceable. And I love every single bit of it.

There comes a time when reality strikes. When it’s hurt and I don’t know where to stand right now. Yes, I do feel sad and disappointed at that time, but surprisingly, I know I’ll get by, and I did, I still feel fine.

I played with fire, I enjoyed it, I got burned, I am blessed.

No comments: