Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I Refuse


I walked down this winding and bumpy road thousand of times
Stumbled into the same stone
Tripped over the same rock
Slipped into the same puddle of mud
All over again and again and more

So many choices of roads I could pick
All laid down in front of my bare eyes
But then again, this road I chose
Knowing every little part of things from the consequences

I know them very well and they know me better
I know how they will treat me
Nice at times and mean as often
They know how to pick me up and throw me down hard when I reach the top

I'm aware of it
But I refuse to turn around and walk on another path of life
Because, I still believe that this road will eventually leads me
To that pot of gold that I spent my lifetime searching

Afraid I may not
Since the light still shine me down
Even through the darkest path that no one might pass

No comments: